Let me guide you to a more vibrant, meaningful and joyful life through the practice of Authentic Yoga.
This approach to yoga is simple:
- Meet yourself right where you are
- Notice clearly what is happening
- Choose appropriate, intelligent and compassionate actions to create greater balance
- Notice the effects
Authentic yoga enables us to contribute to the world through our mindful, attentive and wholehearted participation.
Schedule of Yoga and Meditation Classes (see workshops and retreats below)
- 11am – 12noon Yoga for Beginners, Town ‘N’ Country Public Library, Tampa, * FREE class*
- 11am – 12:30pm Slow Mindful Flow, Renaissance Vinoy Health Club, St Petersburg
- 5pm – 6pm Breathing & Meditation, 1641 1st Ave. N, St Petersburg
- 7:30pm – 9pm, Slow Flow & Meditation, Yoga ETC, St Petersburg
- 12noon – 2pm Slow Mindful Flow & Meditation, Renaissance Vinoy Health Club, St Petersburg
- 6pm – 7pm Yoga for Every Body, 1641 1st Ave. N, St Petersburg (Special Gong meditation session Wed May 27 6-7:30pm)
- 6pm – 7pm Yoga for Well-Being, New Tampa Regional Library, Tampa *FREE class* twice a month, check schedule
- 9:30am – 11am, Yoga Integrity, 1641 1st Ave. N, St Petersburg
For details visit the schedule page: http://rubenvasquez.com/schedule/
Serene Joy: Relaxing Yoga Retreat with Rubén Vásquez
June 6 to June 13, 2015
Embark on a powerful journey to discover your internal source of deep peace, balance and joy.
“The recent trip to Costa Rica was one of THE best I have ever been on…..and I have traveled a lot.” – A. previous retreat participant
In this retreat you will be guided by Rubén Vásquez, M.Ed., AYT, ERYT500 to dive deep within embarking on an internal exploration of movement, breathing, relaxation and meditation that will help you release stress, energize your body and nurture your soul. Our body needs profound rest in order to heal, restore, repair and strengthen. Relaxation is essential to this process. Rubén crafts each retreat carefully to ensure that you have time and that you never feel rushed. You will have plenty of time to rest, enjoy wonderful treatments, sleep and meet interesting people on the same path. My goal is for you to feel rejuvenated, refreshed, and full of vitality as a direct result of this retreat.
- Take time for yourself.
- Remove distractions.
- Unclutter your mind.
- Deepen your yoga practice.
- Feel integrated and whole.
- Plenty of time to relax, rest, nap, read…
What is included?
- 7 night / 8 day stay at Pura Vida Retreat Center, Alajuela, Costa Rica
- Airport transfer from San Jose International Airport (SJO) to retreat center
- 3 Tasty meals each day (dinner on arrival day and breakfast on departure day)
- Health-minded buffet style meals with vegetarian, fish and chicken options
- Dietary needs and allergies can be accommodated (gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, etc)
- Filtered and alkaline water, coffee, tea, milk, and fresh seasonal local fruit available throughout the day
- AM yoga practice with Rubén to invigorate and energize
- PM yoga practice with Rubén to relax and integrate (*Evening session includes yoga nidra)
- 1 tour with the group
- Time for Exploration, Relaxation, Reflection, and Creativity
- Outdoor swimming pool and hot tub
- Guided walks through surrounding coffee plantation, resort Green House and Orchid House
- 2 hour workshop on growing and using medicinal herbs
- All Taxes
- Transportation to San Jose International Airport (SJO)
$1375 per person double occupancy / $1775 per person in single room
“Rubén is a master teacher in my opinion. Love your style. Years of yoga experience & it feels like it!” – H.A, yoga teacher
- 7:00am – 9:00am Complete Yoga practice
- 9:00 – 10:00am Breakfast
- 10:00-1:00 Open for relaxation, reflection or optional Activities
- 1:00 – 2:00pm Lunch
- 2:00 – 5:00pm Open for relaxation, reflection or optional activities
- 5:00 – 7:00pm Restorative Practice including Yoga Nidra practice
- 7:00 – 9:00pm Dinner
I know that a retreat is a commitment you make to create time to honor yourself and to deepen your practice. I am committed to offer you the best quality yoga retreat at a fair, competitive and very affordable price. Therefore, the number of participants is limited so that everybody can feel comfortable and integrated into the group and so that I can be there for you through the journey. You can find more information and sign up at: www.yoga-here-now.com/retreats.html
“Ruben was beyond wonderful. Through Ruben’s guidance each of us returned home with a renewed commitment to continue or enhance our practices and with more peaceful and happier hearts.” – J.
This is a brief 12 minute video to help release tightness and tension from the lower back and to help increase mobility and flexibility in the hip joints and thighs.
This is a 10-minute simple sequence of movements to help release tension and tightness in the shoulders and to improve range of movement for pain relief.of brief 12 minute video to help release tightness and tension from the lower back and to help increase mobility and flexibility in the hip joints and thighs.
Yoga Here + Now, Yoga video for beginners in English and Spanish
My deep trust in the importance of developing a personal practice as well as my years of experience teaching beginning students motivated me to create and release this instructional bilingual yoga video, Yoga Here + Now. This video is appropriate for true beginning students. This video guides beginners in 8 sessions of integrated yoga practice that include appropriate postures, breathing, meditation and guided relaxation.
Yoga Here + Now Trailer : yoga video for Beginners (from Yoga Here + Now)